Minister Jaykumar Gore moves privilege motion against Raut, Rohit Pawar and YouTuber | Mumbai News – The Times of India

Mumbai: BJP minister Jaykumar Gore on Thursday moved a breach of privilege motion against Shiv Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut, NCP (SP) MLA Rohit Pawar, and Tushar Kharat, who runs a YouTube channel, for making allegations that he harassed a woman and allegedly sent her inappropriate photographs.
Gore submitted the privilege notice to the legislature secretariat on Thursday, claiming that the court had already acquitted him. Gore said the case was filed in 2017 and was tried before a court.
“The court acquitted me. This is an old case from 2017, and the court order came in 2019,” he said.
Gore had warned on Wednesday that he would move a breach of privilege motion and file defamation cases against Raut, Pawar and Kharat.
Gore is minister for rural development and panchayati raj.
Gore’s privilege notice was accepted by speaker Rahul Narwekar and sent to the legislature’s privilege committee. BJP MLA Sudhir Muganthiwar said it was a serious issue and a decision on the privilege motion must be taken before the current budget session of the state legislature ends.
“I’m filing this privilege notice against Sanjay Raut, Rohit Pawar, and Tushar Kharat. They have made baseless and misleading allegations against me. This has also impacted the proceedings of the house. I have been targeted as part of a conspiracy since I’m from an ordinary family. I urge the CM to probe who gave a new complaint letter to the governor. The actual complainant has denied he or she signed the letter. So this is nothing but a conspiracy to defame me,” Gore said while moving the motion.
A day after NCP’s Dhananjay Munde resigned from the cabinet, the opposition had sought the resignation of Gore over allegations that he harassed a woman and allegedly sent her inappropriate photos. Congress MLA Vijay Wadettiwar alleged the minister has now threatened the woman again.
Wadettiwar did not name anyone while making the allegations but demanded that the minister be sacked from the cabinet. Wadettiwar alleged the minister apologised in court over the issue but was now harassing the woman after becoming a minister. Raut named Gore and said such ministers must be removed from the cabinet.
“The Swargate case is coming to light. The same thing that happened in Swargate is coming to light regarding Devendra Fadnavis’s beloved minister Jayakumar Gore. Information has come to light about how this minister tortured and molested a woman … that helpless woman will sit on a hunger strike in front of Vidhan Bhavan in the next few days,” Raut said.
Responding to the privilege notice, Pawar said he would reply to the notice once he receives it. “I was asked a question by the media, and I responded to it. A woman has complained, and it was a personal complaint, so I said that if there is injustice done, then the woman must come to us, and we will help her. What’s wrong with what I said? We will respond to the notice. Gore must not take this so personally. But we will go into the details of the notice and respond and also talk about it. There is no point in silencing the media and opposition,” he said.
Mumbai: BJP minister Jaykumar Gore on Thursday moved a breach of privilege motion against Shiv Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut, NCP (SP) MLA Rohit Pawar, and Tushar Kharat, who runs a YouTube channel, for making allegations that he harassed a woman and allegedly sent her inappropriate photographs.
Gore submitted the privilege notice to the legislature secretariat on Thursday, claiming that the court had already acquitted him. Gore said the case was filed in 2017 and was tried before a court.
“The court acquitted me. This is an old case from 2017, and the court order came in 2019,” he said.
Gore had warned on Wednesday that he would move a breach of privilege motion and file defamation cases against Raut, Pawar and Kharat.
Gore is minister for rural development and panchayati raj.
Gore’s privilege notice was accepted by speaker Rahul Narwekar and sent to the legislature’s privilege committee. BJP MLA Sudhir Muganthiwar said it was a serious issue and a decision on the privilege motion must be taken before the current budget session of the state legislature ends.
“I’m filing this privilege notice against Sanjay Raut, Rohit Pawar, and Tushar Kharat. They have made baseless and misleading allegations against me. This has also impacted the proceedings of the house. I have been targeted as part of a conspiracy since I’m from an ordinary family. I urge the CM to probe who gave a new complaint letter to the governor. The actual complainant has denied he or she signed the letter. So this is nothing but a conspiracy to defame me,” Gore said while moving the motion.
A day after NCP’s Dhananjay Munde resigned from the cabinet, the opposition had sought the resignation of Gore over allegations that he harassed a woman and allegedly sent her inappropriate photos. Congress MLA Vijay Wadettiwar alleged the minister has now threatened the woman again.
Wadettiwar did not name anyone while making the allegations but demanded that the minister be sacked from the cabinet. Wadettiwar alleged the minister apologised in court over the issue but was now harassing the woman after becoming a minister. Raut named Gore and said such ministers must be removed from the cabinet.
“The Swargate case is coming to light. The same thing that happened in Swargate is coming to light regarding Devendra Fadnavis’s beloved minister Jayakumar Gore. Information has come to light about how this minister tortured and molested a woman … that helpless woman will sit on a hunger strike in front of Vidhan Bhavan in the next few days,” Raut said.
Responding to the privilege notice, Pawar said he would reply to the notice once he receives it. “I was asked a question by the media, and I responded to it. A woman has complained, and it was a personal complaint, so I said that if there is injustice done, then the woman must come to us, and we will help her. What’s wrong with what I said? We will respond to the notice. Gore must not take this so personally. But we will go into the details of the notice and respond and also talk about it. There is no point in silencing the media and opposition,” he said.