Published On: Thu, Apr 3rd, 2025

ED seeks info on 41 razed illegal bldgs in Vasai | Mumbai News – The Times of India


ED seeks info on 41 razed illegal bldgs in Vasai

Vasai: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) last week sought documents related to 41 recently demolished illegal buildings in Vasai from the power of attorney (PoA) holder. Confirming this development, Ajay Sharma, the PoA holder, said he couriered the documents to the ED earlier this week.
Sharma said the ED has taken a suo motu cognisance of this scam worth around Rs 1,000 crore as 41 buildings were constructed illegally since 2008, and were demolished following the Supreme Court‘s Oct 2024 order.
“The ED called me seeking all documents related to this case for further investigation,” said Sharma who said he couriered the documents such as the 7/12 extract of his property, FIR copies, VVCMC letters regarding demolition, among other documents. Sharma said he has given the list of all VVCMC officers during whose tenure the illegal construction was carried out. They include assistant municipal commissioners of D ward where these buildings stood, deputy and additional municipal commissioners and municipal commissioners.
On March 21, the ED summoned Ajay Sharma who is the PoA holder of a 10-acre plot on which illegal buildings were constructed, along with adjacent plots, of which two were reserved for a sewage treatment plant and a dumping ground. Around 2,500 families lost their homes after the buildings were razed.

.



Source link

About the Author

-

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>